Are you traveling to an international off site location and taking field equipment with you?

The Office(s) of the Vice President for Research will be CLOSED as follows during this holiday season:
Monday and Tuesday, December 24 and 25 - Christmas Holiday
Monday and Tuesday, December 31 - January 01, 2019

Prior to taking any field equipment with you to an international research location, you must first stop and review whether or not these items export controlled under either the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)? If they are controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, the items will need a license. If they are controlled under the Export Administration Regulations, the applicability of a license exception or need for a license will depend upon the destination. If they are controlled under the EAR and there is an applicable license exception, this exception needs to be properly documented.

Remember: Just because you can purchase an item overseas does not mean that a license is not required to take the item overseas.

Go to top